No products in the cart.
If like us here at JINJA Skin Care the thought of day Zero is starting to leave you cold, then you may already be planning a strategy to adapt to a new way of living.
The thought of no water coming out of our taps has really got us thinking, and strategising around our approach as a business to remain sustainable and economical during these times and with much thought we have devised a beauty plan that will not only continue to nourish and nurture your skin but in the event that this becomes a reality JINJA has you covered to keep you all fresh, clean and beautiful using the tiniest bit of water.
- Cleansing your face at night. Pour 1 cup of hot water (not boiling) from the kettle into a small bowl. Dip a cotton wool round into the water, squeeze out excess liquid and add a couple drops of Lavender and Chamomile Body Oil. Lavender and Chamomile essential oils are astringent, antiseptic and antibacterial. All the carrier oils are good for cleansing, particularly the Jojoba oil which was used by the Aztecs since ancient times and is well known for dissolving sebum deposits. Wipe off make up and dirt. Repeat the process using clean cotton wool rounds until all traces of dirt have gone. Spritz with Misty Rose Elixir and wipe to eliminate the last traces of dirt then moisturize as normal with Rejuvenating Face Oil, Regenerative Night Cream or Age Defying Serum.
- Cleansing face and body in the morning. A litre or so of hot, clean water will do the job. Wash your face with a little Hibiscus and Pomegranate Gel Cleanser pat dry then moisturize with Rejuvenating Face Oil and/or Velvet Touch Day Cream. Your water will still be warm and slightly sudsy, just perfect for a cloth to wash all the essential bits right down to your toes. Turf the remaining water down the loo. It’s done a great job.
- A lack of water doesn’t mean you should compromise with exfoliating your facial skin at least once a week with C Duo Polisher Plus. Shake a little powder into the palm of your hand, one good pump of the liquid is enough to mix into a paste. Apply to the face and polish gently. Leave on the skin for 10 – 20 minutes for the Vitamin C to be absorbed. Then rinse with a cup of warm, clean water. Moisturize as usual and you’re good to go.
- Happy Hands Eco Sanitizer is packaged in a convenient 50ml plastic spray bottle to carry in your handbag. Washing with soap and water is still the best way to keep your hands clean but when there is no water available this is the next best thing. Aloe Vera, Glycerin and D-Panthenol moisturize your skin while Colloidal Silver, Witch Hazel and a tested cocktail of anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral essential oils fend off nasty bugs while being kind to you and the environment. A small quantity of pure alcohol aids the drying process and eliminates stickiness.
- The essential oils in Pong Go Loo Spray helps to let the yellow mellow and prolong flushing by reducing unwanted odours. Spray into the bowl and close the lid.
- Fruit and Spice Room Spray is an odour gobbler and will also help with bathroom and loo odours leaving a lingering spicy, citrus fragrance.
- The soft delicate perfume of Dreams Linen Spray can freshen clothes as well as linen, prolonging wash times.
- Mini Spa Treat. Put your sudsy face water or hair rinse water into a slightly larger bowl, sit comfortably in your bathroom, patio, garden…. With your feet in the warm water. Splash a little water on your legs and massage small amounts of Mandarin or Minted Sugar Scrub on your legs to eliminate dry, flaky skin, increase circulation and moisturize all in one go. Inhale the beautiful fragrance of the essential oils to uplift your mood. The spent water can once again go down the loo but not onto your plants.
- Hair washing can be made a whole lot easier by simply putting a little of your favourite natural shampoo into a plastic squeeze bottle with a long nozzle, add hot water, shake to mix then squirt onto your hair. Not much water is required for this first stage, a half a botte is sufficient for my long hair. Lather well then scrape all the fragrant froth into the loo. Rinse in a bowl with warm water. Use water for your mini spa treat or for flushing.
Water usage, which is not just a problem in Cape Town but is attracting global attention, is kept to a minimum both in the manufacturing and the usage of all JINJA products.
Your beauty hints and suggestions around water usage are more than welcome. Start or join in a conversation on JINJA’s Face Book page and spread the love by sharing these ideas.